14960: Vedrine: Re: Karshan: Feb. 7, 2003 Issue Papers: Education and Adult Literacy (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

The REAL issue in the game is that WE DO NOT YET HAVE A LAW requiring young
Haitians (age 5,6 - 17,18) to be registered in a school in Haiti. We still
have thousand of children under the age 10 who are either RESTAVEK, orphans
in the streets, beggars, handicap children... It's good to have "Adult
Literacy", but the government MUST create an environment to the young
Haitians mentioned above (they are Haiti's future). We need to see ACTION by
the government not LITERATURE.
Without LAWS protecting them, we still don't see any hope for them.

ev