14974: Tou dwat: Re: 14954: tou dwat : Simidor: Re: NY Review of Books on Haiti (fwd)

From: tou dwat <tou_dwat@hotmail.com>

In 2000, my office was in Dessalines and most of the staff from Cité Soleil...I
never met Mr Dailey in that area nor aat a lower altitude than the Montana ...
May I recall the pipe bombs and the drive by shoooting aimed at the then
typicall lavalas supporter (markets, bus stops...) At that time the opposition
declared itself out of the race, so what opposition rally repression do you
talk about ? Rallies, not provoquing declaration... what opposition rally was
held in Haiti in 2000 ?

Yes, hunger and deprivation of dignity will make all limits vanish... no excuse
but understanable... As for the attitude of Mr Dailey..I don't understand, so
what the excuse ? Could someone provide a bit of info on the motivation of the
author ?

This is not a political position, I just can't beleive the credibility given to
these simplistic descriptions of how Haiti arrived at the current
situation...especially when fears fuels actions, we need understanding (not
necessarely acceptance but rigourous, holistic analysis...) not propaganda....

regards..