14991: Burnham: Re: 14970: Dailey: re 149534 and Deibert's "Notes from the Last Testament" (fwd)

From: thor burnham <thorald_mb@hotmail.com>

>From Burnham in Port-au-Prince:

Peter Dailey states:

"I would like to make clear here what the passage from the New York Review
of Books article quoted in #14954 unfortunately fails to state. The source
of the remark by Edzer Pierre that in Haiti "there's a huge population of
people who will do anything for money," and that the chimeres are not a
political force but a political tool was "Notes From the Last Testament" by
Michael Deibert which originally appeared on Guy Antoine's webpage
(www.windowsonhaiti.com) in May, 2001. This is one of a series of
outstanding articles that Deibert has written over the last few years in
addition to his regular reporting for Reuters."

I'm glad Mr Dailey made this clarification. I had dinner with Edzer and a
group of friends on friday night. Edzer has never met Peter Dailey. While I
appreciate him correcting the missed citation from Diebert's piece,
hopefully Peter can clear up why he calls Edzer a Fanmi Lavalas militant,
which he was not, and is not.

best,
Thor Burnham