15007: Giard: needs sources

From: Guy Giard <guygiard@iquebec.com>

Hello,

I am planning an art event that will commemorate the bicentennial of Haiti in 2004.

What interests me is to bring forward what has happened since the independance and the forces, both internally and externaly that has influenced the development of Haiti and has brought the country to it's present condition. This event will be happening in Montréal, Québec, where the haitien immigrants account for the biggest black community presently.

Already in 2002 I presented the first segment of this with the Haitien historian Caude Moise who gave a lecture entitled:
''Haiti, first people to liberate themselves from slavery''. The texts of the artworks presented are presently online in french kréyol, english and french, and are being translated in english kréyol. A review of what was presented in 2002, the texts and what is in preparation for 2004 is online at  www.angelique1734.fr.fm

If you have any suggestions of books and other documents on the internal workings and external influences in the development of Haiti, you can send me the information directly at: guygiard@iquebec.com

Thank you very much

avan tiraj tout lotri bèl

Guy Giard