15067: Higbie re 15041: Du Tuyau to Simidor (fwd)

From: Janet Higbie <jhigbie@nytimes.com>

>... we are becoming more and more a specimen of failure, always begging
>Canadians, French, Americans and everyone else for either 500 million
>dollars, or to go and remove Aristide because he was elected by a majority
>of poor people.

Really, Du Tuyau, is this really an accurate description of the motives and
actions of the opposition?    Who is begging the Canadians, the French, the
Americans and everyone else to remove President Aristide?    Do you really
think the opposition, many of whom were once strong supporters of Aristide
and Lavalas in its earlier form, want to now remove him "because he was
elected by a majority of poor people?"  Under any kind of functional
electoral system, how could anyone possibly be elected to office to Haiti
with anything but a majority of poor people, since the country is so
overwhelmingly poor?   I fear that perhaps your boss tossed some of his own
croutons into the salad under the guise of helping you with your English...

JH