15156: Chalo: HAITIAN CULTURAL AWARENESS WEEK 2003 in Brooklyn, NY

From: Komite Chalo <cjaklen@yahoo.com>

>From "18 Mai" Committee

mai18_2003@yahoo.com

HAITIAN CULTURAL AWARENESS WEEK™ 2003:
EMPOWERING AMERICAS’ GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATIONS
ONE STEP AT A TIME

(Brooklyn, NY)— Haitian Cultural Awareness Week ™2003
is empowering America’s Grassroots Organizations one
step at a time.  On Tuesday, March 18, 2003 at 6 pm
“18 Mai” Committee, FARHE & Haitian Cultural Awareness
Week™ 2003 Partners (HCAW) will host a Kick-Off Press
Conference with a special reception at Brooklyn
College Student Alumni Lounge, 4th Fl, Brooklyn, NY.
All not-for-profit Organizations are encouraged to
attend to learn how HCAW™2003 will financially benefit
their Organization.  Call 718-270-6935 to RSVP.

Haitian Cultural Awareness Week™ (HCAW) is a call for
unity initiated by the “18 Mai” Committee in 1995 to
galvanize and encourage collaboration within the
Haitian and other immigrant communities to
specifically commemorate Haitian Flag Day.  Our
current partnership with FARHE and other HCAW 2003
Partner Organizations aim is to develop and present
programming to commemorate the 200th anniversary of
Haitian Flag Day and to celebrate the legacy of
Haitian-American immigrants in the United States
during the month of May with two (2) special
commemorative events:
1.	The Unity Walk-A-Thon, Saturday, May 10, 2003
(Across the BK Bridge, from Manhattan to Brooklyn Mt.
Prospect Park)
2.	The “18 Mai” (Haitian Flag Day) Parade (Utica,
Eastern Parkway to Mt. Prospect Park)

These events are designed to help us raise awareness
around the contributions Haitian-American Immigrants
have made throughout world.  Furthermore, Through HCAW
2003, we will Renew Our Commitment To Our National
Motto: “L’Union Fait la Force”—In unity there is
strength to remind the world of our historical
achievements; to reignite our traditional values and
embrace our heritage; reinforce POSITIVE Haitian
values and images to our youths; to celebrate our
resilience in the face of adversity; to embrace the
responsibility to rebuild our nation, our community;
and to encourage cultural sensitivity throughout the
world.

Join us on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 at Brooklyn
College, or call us at 718-270-6935 to make a
contribution, or to register for HCAW 2003.

Thanks,
Ruddel

###