15163: Acessrachael: Haitian Psychology (fwd)

From: acessrachael@tstt.net.tt

I am attempting to decipher if there is such a thing that we can call or define
as the Haitian psychology.

As a matter of fact from my own perspective, i believe that there is a Haitian
psychology. A world view held by all Haitians, whether they are residents of
Haiti or living in the diaspora. This world view may be influenced by other
cultures, however to a large extent, i believethat this makes Haitians
Haitians - a distinct group, differentiated by ideology, which in turn
influences there out look on life and how they approach life in general.

My assertion of this 'Haitian psychology comes from two 'watch words' - (for
the lack of a better definitional or conceptual term) -
1. Liberte ou la morte - Liberty or death!
2. L'Union fait la force - Union by force!

As such this supposed psychology that i'm seeking to define or map out as it
were is reflected in the socio-political and economic aspects of Haitian life.

I would like to get the re-action from the list - do you agree with this
postulate - i.e. that there is indeed a haitian psychology?

What is the Haitian psychology (is there such a thing?)
What are the underlying tenets of this psychology?
How does this psychology influence Haitian life - beit in the area of politics,
economics or social
life.?

This message was sent using TSTT Webmail.
http://www.tstt.net.tt