15186: Saint-Vil answers Ray's inquiries concerning Haiti and the War on Iraq (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Matt wrote:

"I'm just assuming it will all be business as usual and that there won't be
any "extra" US resentment or dangers.    Would you all concur with this?"

Why do people even bother asking such questions ? will members of U.S.
delegations to Haiti board the plane with any "extra" Haiti resentment
because of their "war"?

Obviously because the U.S. global dictator has decided to drop a few tons of
bombs on the heads of defenseless Iraqi children, Haitians having fought and
resisted imperialist war-mongers all their existence are likely not standing
on their feet clapping with joy. Remember after the September 11 tragedy,
Haitians did not jump for joy - but felt and sincerely expressed sorrow for
the victims. Yet, somehow, weird stories managed to surface in the U.S.
media about Anthrax coming from Haiti. So, where is the resentment traveling
from and to?

Strange indeed that we, Haitian-Canadians, never feel a need to send such
"careful" messages to the Corbett list before we go to the land of the
Bushes? Maybe we are being too careless.

Jafrikayiti
"What a wonderful world! oh yeah ?!"