15197: Matt Ray, needs some help on items in Haiti (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mraymus@yahoo.com>

All,

As many of you know, we send medical teams, specifically physical rehab teams, to Haiti on a regular basis.   When we go down, we take down donated prosthetic limbs to fit patients in Haiti.    One of problems we have is that many of the donated prosthetic limbs are not a natural color for Haitians, so we need to find a source in Haiti for liquid shoe polish that seems to work quite nicely in modifying the color.    Do any of you know of a good source (defined as easy accessible and inexpensive) for shoe polish in Haiti, as we can't bring it down with us, since it's considered explosive by the airlines.

Also, another item that is explosive in nature and we can't bring with us is a good quality glue.   We need to find a good source (see definition above) in Haiti for glue that is similar to carpet, formica, or shoe glue that we can get access to in Haiti.

Can anybody help us with a source for these materials?     Our clinic is in Pacot, so it would be preferred to have a source close by.

Lastly, does anybody have contact information for the folks at Hotel de la Place in Jacmel, as I need to make reservations for 16!

Mesi davans, kinbe-la!

Matt

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti Foundation, Inc.
4212 Danube Court, Bakersfield CA 93308
http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org
mraymus@yahoo.com
661.588.4400 - phone