15214: Price: RE: 15063: Burnham: men with guns: illegal land grab at Wynn farm? (fwd)

From: Martin L. Price <mprice@echonet.org>

Annie Shaw forwarded your report. Feel free to post this if it would be helpful.  Martin Price

It makes me sick to hear of what is happening to Jane Wynne and her family and farm!

Victor Wynne was one of the most enjoyable people I corresponded with in the 1980's when ECHO was a new organization. I visited him and the farm several times, as did other development workers. I have told many people of the miracle he did in turning that remote, steep site into a model garden of eden farm and then making a living from that land while doing all kinds of agriculutural experiments.

I was so impressed with Victor and his work that in the center of ECHO's new Global Village Research and Learning Center is a long two-story "mountain" that we made by mounding dirt as we dug a pond. Over 9,000 visitors each year have educational tours of different plants seen in different climatic zones as they walk around the terraced mountainside. The name of the mountain is "Mt. Victor" in Victor Wynne's honor.

My prayers are with Jane and her family.

Martin Price, Ph. D.
Executive Director
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization