15263: Senou: In Protest: HCR will not celebrate the 200 years of that Historical Union if there is no compromise in Haiti (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

              Press Release

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today HCR will take a stand and vow its disagreement
in the handling of the Haitian situation.
During the war in Afghanistan Bombs were falling
everywhere and yet food were given to the population,
now in Iraq bombs are still falling and food are
distributing to some secure areas. This mean that
people must eat and well fed before anything else.
The people of Haiti are held hostage of a situation in
which they are not responsible. Today, the people of
Haiti are facing starvation because of a political
quagmire among the Lavalas, the Convergence and the
Opposition.

In Protest: HCR will not celebrate the 200 years of
that Historical Union that had paved the way for Our
Independence. We are sided with the Haitian people; we
cannot celebrate when our people are facing
starvation. We strongly believe that there is
opportunity to reiterate a new Union in order to
salvage we have left. On May 18, 2003 if no compromise
has reached, HCR invites the community to attend a
Mass, display the Flag, sing these famous songs Fière
Haiti and la Dessalinienne and recite these two poems:
Pour Haiti of René Dépestre and Haiti of Massillon
Coicou.
NB: Please refrain yourself from reading or singing
the third couplet of the Dessalinienne that ended with
“Toujours nous seron frères”

WE in HCR will celebrate a new compromise whenever its
occurs, if it happens before May 18 of this year, We
will celebrate and if it does happen in the near
future we will do so accordingly.

Haiti needs a new Union, I ask the parties in conflict
to see the country first and ipso facto enter into a
compromise. I strongly believe that you all want to
see a bright future for Haiti but you shall not limit
it to your own entourage and you need to accept others
point of views. For the past three years, the
International community had withheld funds that could
have helped the country. Those of you, who are
discussing the faith of Haiti, please do so with an
open heart.

May the Almighty Lord bless each of you, may be in the
near future HCR will be able to celebrate that new
Union.

NB: If you live in Atlanta or plan a visit during the
May 18 weekend
You are invited to worship with us at
the Catholic Community of Saints Peter & Paul
2560 Tilson Road
Decatur, GA 30032
Ph: 404-241-5862
Service starts at 4:00 PM Promptly.