15268: Gordon: the legalisaton of Vodou (fwd)

From: Leahgordon@aol.com

Iīm a little disoriented as Iīve been in Brazil for two weeks - but has anyone got opinions on what this legistration means for Vodou and is this really positive or is the strength of Vodou itīs very exclusion - the separation - do Voudou clergy really need to be registered to perform funerals especially wehen these are so utterly different from Christian funerals - what are they now legally allowed to do and does this relate to money - I want replies from the most fundemental of Christians to of course the Vodou intellectuals - donīt think that I am being exclusive by not asking the priests themselves - but the ones I know - neither speak english or have email access - lloking forward to response
Regrads Leah Gordon