15985: Bassiouni: Re: Danny Glover in Haiti (fwd)

From: Nathan Bassiouni <dimeaux@mac.com>

Danny Glover was in Haiti earlier this week as Ambassador-At-Large of
the Haiti Support Project.  HSP is organizing the Cruising into History
- Haiti 2004 Initiative which I am currently interning for in New
Orleans.  HSP is organizing a pilgrimage of 3,100 people to Haiti
aboard a cruise-ship in August of 2004 to celebrate the bicentennial of
Haitian Independence.  The cruise will feature lectures, panel
discussions, musical performances (Boukman Esperyians, Stevie Wonder,
Neville Brothers....), and most importantly networking of people and
resources that will hopefully raise awareness of the social and
environmental conditions that plague Haiti today.

The ship leaves from New Orleans on August 14th and makes stops in
Cap-Haitien. Port-au-Prince, and Jacmel.  Can you imagine the impact of
more then 3,000 people visiting, networking and spending money in these
three cities in less then a week.

If any of you are interested in Haiti Support Project or the Cruising
into History - Haiti 2004 initiative, please visit our web site at:

  www.cruisingintohistory.org

I will also forward the invitation to this weekends HSP function in
Houston to welcome them aboard.  Danny Glover and Abner Louima will
speak and D.R.U.M.S will perform.