15298: Ewen: Re: 15269: Nadal: Ben Dupuy : A Haitian Terrorist ! (fwd)

From: Stephen Ewen <stephenewen@character4success.com>

Mr. Nadal:

I think we need to be more fair minded in this matter.

I do not think we can fairly attribute every action of every PPN member to
its leader, just as we cannot, for example, attribute every action of
every Republican to Bush, Jr.  Correlation does not prove causation.  It
only proves correlation.

Therefore, I think you may be logically leaping at things to make your
case, though this is somewhat understandable because this seems a very
emotional matter for you.  But unless you can show evidence and not a just
a hunch or something, that Dupuy directly ordered this burning, it is not
fair to mark him personally as an individual with what some PPN
demonstrators did.

Crucially (and this is my main point), the same would go for any person of
any party and its members anywhere.  It is all about relatively equitable
norms, respect for them, and playing by them--the very essence of
democracy.

Respectfully Submitted,

Stephen Ewen