15310: Pina replies to Vishnuserf (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

FROM: Kevin Pina                            <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

Here is an interesting note from the recent issue of The Black Commentator
who VISHNUSERF so disparaged regarding my recent offering to them "Is the US
Funding Haitian "Contras?"

Perhaps the problem is that it isn't the "right" or should I say white
"academic journal" you personally had in mind. Then I guess its easy to take
pot shots at others when you have the luxury of masking your identity with
an anonymous internet persona.  That's your choice but don't expect me to
take you seriously.

I also have to comment that the two weeks I recently experienced of NOT
receiving a lot of the negative drivel posted on this list was a refreshing
eye opener. I have come to understand why a good number of my friends and
colleagues have unsubcribed and prefer I send them material directly.

Best Regards, adios and see you print,

Kevin

"The academic community make up nearly 40 percent of  BC's readership,
including a large and influential audience at historically Black colleges
and universities (HBCUs). However, we have never gotten a letter from a
Black professor in the Far East, nor one more kind than that sent by Dr.
Asselin Charles, Associate Professor of French and English, Wenzao College
of Languages, Taiwan.

Just when I started despairing of the international Black intelligentsia, I
discovered The Black Commentator. Your journal is simply one of the most
lucid, incisive, and uncompromising voices in the Black world, indeed in the
Third World, at the moment...

Keep up the good work."

From: VISHNUSURF@aol.com