15320: Burnham asks about a "Haitian" hockey player (fwd)

From: thor burnham <thorald_mb@hotmail.com>

Thor Burnham in Port-au-Prince:

As I watched an ice truck unload it's frosty cargo this morning on lower
Delmas, my thoughts immediately turned to hockey. (That's A segue i've
wanted to employ for years, it should be noted.)

Why hockey, you ask?

Well, as someone who spent hours as a kid playing shinny in the frozen lakes
and outdoor rinks of the north, who loves hockey and has an abiding interest
in things Haitian, i have two questions for the list.
After all, the NHL playoffs have started. Mind you, i'll most likely not
watch a game. sigh.

1) Claude Vilgrain (sp). Is he of Haitian heritage? He played for one of the
Canadian national teams, i believe, and had a brief stint with the New
Jersey Devils, if memory serves.

2) of much greater import is the heritage of Georges Laraque of the Edmonton
Oilers. His bio says he was born in Montreal in 1976. I'm assuming his
parents are of Haitian descent?
http://www.georgeslaraque.com/#
If he is of Haitian descent, i would imagine Haitians would like to know.
He's one of the premier power forwards in the league, and probably the best
fighter. (not that i would ever condone such barbaric activities....)

I hope someone knows.

best,'
Thor Burnham