15333: SKAKAJ Community arts center in Jacmel re: jonathan Tet Kole re: PBS Special

From: Wendy Goodman <wendygg2000@yahoo.com>

Hello Corbett listers.

I have tried to respond to the Tet Kole web site url post for the last few
days, and keep having a problem that doesn't let this get on the list.
Still
trying because I need to correct/caveat the information.

Thank you for your interest (and effort Jonathan) in SKAKAJ (Sant Kominote
Art
kiltirel pou avansman Jakmel). The community based cultural arts center I
alluded to in my critical note to PBS about their coverage on Jacmel.  I
didn't
post the url address here, because the site is not yet complete and I
didn't
want to encourage visitors when critical information is still missing
(specifically the schedule of events and a street address)

HOWEVER, since Jonathan has posted the URL to Tet Kole...the Project for
street
kids, (which is currently linked to the Art center's site)  I need to
correct
some information.

First of all....front door entre is through www.avanseorg.org.  you then
click
on SKAKAJ for the arts center or Tet Kole for the street kids project.
The
direct link for the art center is
http://members.aol.com/skakaj/skahome.htm

 I am heading back to Jacmel next wednesday (April 23).  We plan to launch
SKAKAJ at Fet Jacmel on Primye Mai.  During my month there, we will
determine
our schedule, our home and get more photos and descriptions of the folks
involved.  All of which will be posted on the site.
I invite you all to visit our site... again the direct link to skakaj is
http://members.aol.com/skakaj/skahome.htm   but PLEASE do not yet link to
other
sites or make it too public.  I would be disappointed if people visited
and
didn't come back.....missing our schedule of events, but am still happy to
share what we're doing and get your feedback.

I will post to the list when we officially go public....the site design
will be
improved....but more importantly our information will be more complete.

Again, thank you for your interest, enthusiasm and support (I have heard
from
some of you already)...and I'd love your feedback...it may take me a bit
of
time to get back to you....but I will eventually.

Kembe fem....may peace prevail on earth!    Wendy