15346: Canal: Re: 15330: jhudicourtb on reparations

From: Francois Canal <axxaxx@yahoo.com>

J. Hudicourt,

President Jean Pierre Boyer remains a giant in Haitian history for having
unified the Island after 1804. I am honored to send correspondence to one
of
his descendants. I support your proposal for Haiti to ask for an "in-kind"
restitution from France in the form of support for social projects.

A railroad transportation system covering the entire country (with
connection points to the Dominican Republic) would open the way to true
economic freedom for Haiti. People, materials, produces and services could
finally flow freely throughout the country and, indeed, throughout the
Island.
It is so much cheaper to move a unit of load by rail than by paved road,
Haiti
would benefit immediately from building a complete rail system. With the
backing of a partner with proven expertise in the railroad industry like
France, Haiti would position itself on the road to exponential social
progress.
This is a positive point of talk for restitution.

Cheers!