15450: Dorce Re: 15274: Vishnusurf: A reply to Pina (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 4/11/03 5:20:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
VISHNUSURF@aol.com writes:

<< here's some more of the same old conspiracy theories from kevin pina. the
 only surprise is that he hasn't posted this vapid piece himself on the
corbett
 list, >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,
No surprise here, but I found the piece compelling and informative.  I do see
calling it "vapid" is a challange to the author's integrity and writing skill
so there's no suprise that he took it that way and answered in kind, which
didn't sit well, I guess.  The golden rule applies here as well as in person.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 the black commentator, needless to say, is hardly an academic journal, nor
is it regarded as quality journalism,mind you. they will print most anything,
it seems. still, BC is not unworth reading when it pokes fun at condoleeza
rice.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
So far, not one mention of Haiti....and anyway, Condoleeza Rice is fair game.
 As for the Black Commentator, at least there you can read journalism that
isn't canned and caters to Bush's foreign policy.  I am so sick of reading
the nasty spin on Aristide and Haiti's woes in mainstream media that I
welcome any alternative.  Foreign newspapers can be a good source of what is
really going on....especially in Iraq, but in Haiti too, if the country is
not too threatened by disagreeing with the big power who is obviously not
worried about pushing its weight around.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
pina seems so opposed to the war in iraq... and yet he is so
devoted to protecting the image of aristide. did i miss something, or was
aristide not reinstated (and cedras ousted) by US military might?
I do not see the conflict in being completely against the war in Iraq (an
illegal war in every way!) and supporting the idea of US troops ending a coup
and restoring the legally elected president to his office.  I am unhappy that
the military had a different agenda than helping the people of Haiti but I
saw the mission as a necessary evil to unseat the coup leaders.  Iraq didn't
ask to be levelled.  We took that country for our own benefit.  There is no
way you can compare that war with what happened in Haiti with Aristide.

Kathy Dorce~