15493: Senou: A compromise Solution (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

A Compromise Solution

Many groups in and outside of Haiti wish to transfer
the Haitian Crisis to the United Nation and OAS may
not want to let it go just like that.  But instead,
that organization is going to make a statement. The
Lavalas government, the Opposition and the Convergence
have 31 days. Otherwise, OAS will use other means to
force the protagonists to accept a compromise.

We are currently reliving the same period our
ancestors had lived prior May 18, 1803. They knew then
that the only way they could become free was to unite
and to form a common front to fight the enemy. 200
years later, our professional politicians have to
reach a compromise and ipso facto preventing the
country from this humiliation.

I do not believe the Lavalas government really needs
pressure from any foreign entity to arrest the
fugitives and to put in place serious people in charge
of the Police national; this shall be done without any
outside interference.

This new police chief is contested, the government
must replace him immediately and put someone less
controversial in charge of that force and there are
many.

Before June 8, and with the latest call of the
embattle Haitian president, much stuff can be done
such as: Naming a neutral Prime minister, that person
upon taking office will form a coalition government.
In that coalition, there must be 2 or 3 members of the
Lavalas Family, 3 members from the Opposition, 3
members from the Convergence camp, one from Dr.
Manigat camp, from Mr. Theodore, Prof: Hubert de
Ronceray, from the civil society, from the 184, and of
course one from Himler Rebu.
I bet with all of you if we do that within the next 15
days, this upcoming meeting in Santiago will change to
how the international community can bail out Haiti.

I strongly believe common sense shall prevail and I
urge all sectors to negotiate in good faith and spare
us from this humiliation.

Folks refrain from discussing sensitive issues and do
not call each other name, each camp has some
moderates, they need to come forward and those zealous
one need to take the back seat.

May 18 is not the End of the world, it could have been
great to reach a compromise before it but you have
until the first week of June to work out a deal.
Remember “Quiconque rejeté, peut etre devenu un danger
pour n’importe quel système; sur ce il faut aller à la
recherche des refracteurs”

Folks, it is not the time to talk about the
constitution or the May 2000 election, Haiti does not
have a constitutional problem or an election dilemma,
Haiti has a political problem. We wasted three years
and many more to go if we are hiding behind the
constitution and we are good at selecting what fit our
personal interest.

You have 31 days, find a suitable location in Haiti,
get together, negotiate in good faith, reach a
political compromise and ipso facto reiterate the
Union that our ancestors had done 200 years ago. We
are waiting for that moment and whenever it occurs we
will celebrate that new Union in HCR in Atlanta.

The following things must be done sequentially
1) A New police Chief and bring serious people who
know what they are doing to reduce the insecurity.
 2) A New neutral Prime Minister
3) he/she shall form a coalition government with all
sectors
4) the Police National shall arrest all fugitives (
however to make it smooth and to prevent anymore
casualties, work out some type deal to send some folks
to another country, this crisis may no be resolved
without settling that issue or arresting them if we
can; but some of these folks will fight to the End,
United States can help out in finding a place)
5) Release all non-violent criminals from jail.

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081