15525: Orenstein: RE: 15521: Arthur replies to Orenstein: Re: 15509 assembly jobs (fwd)

From: katie orenstein <katie@orenstein.com>

Charles' response to my post rather enthusiastically misinterprets my point.
This was not to 'blame labour organizers' or to advocate lower wages as a
competetive advantage, but rather to suggest that in discussing the plight
of the assembly industry we not only consider factors like political
upheaval (the coup included), lack of infrastructure, etc, but also evaluate
the circumstances and effects of organizing so far -- for the sake of
developing *more* effective strategies,  whereby labor organizers will have
*greater* success and workers will have *more*, not less, jobs, and *higher*
wages.