15549: Senou: Focus + Question (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Some of you are out of touch with the Haitian reality;
your country is facing a decisive moment in which
foreign diplomats who have nothing to do with Haiti
are going to vote on what action to take against Haiti
in Chili. Instead focusing on that, you choose to
discuss stuffs that are irrelevant to us at this
present moment.
Voodoo has been officially recognized, so what, this
should have been done 200 years ago, Haiti is a free
country; you have the right to worship whatever.
Creole has become an official language of Haiti, it
should have been done 200 years ago, you do not speak
French my friends. What language would you speak if
you were born in a remote area in Haiti and never
attended school? Creole. This is your language. The
restitution issue is irrelevant at this present moment
and the renaming of the airport of Dr. François
Duvalier to Toussaint Louverture was done purely to
distract from the reality. If Duvalier is no good,
oops! Why renaming something he had done to the
greatest Haitian hero of all time. Dark skin Haitians
could not go to certain places in Haiti, anpil nan nou
manje, manje blyé. Are we going to put away also Le
code du travail of Dr. François Duvalier, oops!, the
best in the world. People might be reluctant to help
you out since they know their rewards are:
Ingratitude.

We are playing on people emotion and looking for
compassion while this on going crisis is worsening by
the minutes. We are blaming each other instead of
facing the reality. Blaming is a sign of weakness.
The Haitian situation is taking another twist and some
of you are willing to let Haiti becoming a second
Lebanon in the Caribbean instead of reaching a
compromise.

 The “Inevitable” is approaching at the speed of
light; it will take a miracle to spare this country
from a bloody civil war.
The international Community gave another deadline and
most of you are eager seeing the application of
whatever against Haiti. OAS and the International
community are going to make a statement and I don’t
believe these folks are going to back down.
	Without any doubt this current Haitian president is
not going to receive any assistance today and tomorrow
from Washington, Paris and Ottawa. His counterpart in
Palestine had read the international community and
appointed a new prime minister and today Gen Collins
Powell is going to meet with the new Palestinian prime
minister and lay down the road map for the creation of
the state of Palestine that should stand next to the
state of Israel with the 1967 border.  The Haitian
president shall appoint a new neutral prime minister
and ipso facto help his impoverished country.

Frankly, I do not agree with that undeclared embargo
against Haiti but what can we do? When starting a
fight, one shall have a chance to win but fighting a
losing battle is scenic and when other people lives
are involved one should be more careful. Daniel
Fignolé the most populous person ever lived in Haiti
had accepted the presidency with full knowledge that
he was going to be sent in exile but wanted to spare
his country from another occupation.

Question:
Why this current government and the opposition are not
going to reach any agreement before the first week of
June?
Senou