15571: Leiderman: catalog of bicentennial events and projects?

From: Stuart M Leiderman <leidermn@cisunix.unh.edu>

hello Group and thank you for your provocative discussions the past few
weeks.  things don't seem to be getting much better, but still people are
going to Haiti, coming from Haiti, talking about Haiti, and so on.

has anyone seen a catalog or list of bicentennial events and projects?
there seem to be a lot of cultural and entertainment events but no
significant employment, agriculture, health and environment projects
planned or underway.

if we put into a common fund one dollar from every ticket sold to all
these dances, dinners, concerts, cruises, etc., we could challenge
overseas agencies, churches and assistance groups to match that money on a
1-to-1 basis...it would probably go into the millions for radical action
project appropriate to the bicentennial.  where is the native Haitian
leadership for that kind of initiative?

also, I've been looking for the "official" bicentennial logo that I can
use to promote various activities.  if there isn't a logo, I may as well
make on up or offer some money to a Haitian artist.  any suggestions?
I think we could use the solidarity.

thanks,

Stuart Leiderman
Environmental Response