15619: Kathy S. Grey re: 15594: Missionary with local ties held by police in Haiti (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

I almost feel like I would stick out my tongue, put my thumbs in my ears, wiggle my fingers and say, "Nyahhh, nyaahhh, NYAHHH!"

It's so typical, some arms smuggler gets caught and he says, "Oh, those things weren't mine, I was carrying them for someone else, I didn't even know they were there... yatuh yatuh yatuh."

But because "Jim" and his cutesy schoolbus-driver wife "Theresa" are missionaries, they can try to draw the curtain of piety over the cesspool of their misdeeds.  Let's do some deconstructing - imagine:

"... one good thing is that... Jim... has even led some of the prisoners to Christ."

Oh, brother.  How sappy, just the thing to lull a scandalized congregation.  I mean, "...army uniforms, assault weapons, munitions and grenade launchers", that's quite a laundry list!

And why was this missionary Jeremy Benenati going to ship guns to Haiti in the first place??  I have lived in Haiti since 1987, I owned a handgun in the USA, but I have brought one to Haiti, what for?  Who am I going to shoot?  I need a "humane killer" thingie because I keep livestock, and I haven't even had to put down an animal yet, so what's the big urgency for the handguns.

Now poor Christian wife Theresa finds out, "According to the U.S. Embassy here, there are about 12 or 13 American prisoners in the Haitian prisons... What we need people to do is contact their congressmen in America and let them know that there is an American being unjustly held in custody over here."

What about that lady who has been held for three years?  Forget about her?

And how come the journalist keeps referring to the couple as "Jim and Teresa", instead of "White", are we supposed to feel like we are on a cozy first name basis with them?  Imagine if it had been two Arab Muslim missionaries bringing guns and paramilitary gear into the USA!  We certainly wouldn't hear about nice, kindly "Hajji and Haifa", it would be "Ben Muhammed Al Destrukto Big Baraka" and his wife "Slinki Eyz", something like that.

Well, I am very curious to know what really happened - I bet the police did exaggerate, they always do.  But I don't think White is so squeaky clean innocent either, based on the past habits of US intelligence people camouflaging themselves as missionaries, and on the sermons given by real missionaries during the coup years - you remember those?  "Resign yourselves, accept worldly authority, render to Ceasar that which is Ceasar, turn the other cheek, your reward will be in Heaven..."

Hmph.

Kathy S. Grey