15658: Re: 15651: Saint-Vil re: PAP airport's new name (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

I too am happy to know that Guy Malary is still being honoured, having the
central aviation named after him while the international airport carries
that of Toussaint Louverture.

Although a "zing" (dread)-wearing pan-African nationalist but no
rastafarian, I would hope that his majesty Haile Selassie would at least
inherit another street  - as compensation for moving over and leaving the
brighter spot to Papa Toussaint.

Boulv Harry Truman is the first eligible candidte to come t mind, for some
reason.  Or, perhaps, if it is politically important to name this boulevard
after an American, we should rename it after a "true friend of Haiti",
Katherine Dunham, a lady who has in fact had a strong and meaningful
connection with Haiti and with Dumarsais Estimé, the man who presided over
the "bicentenaire" of Port-au-Prince.

In any case, it is truly a sacrilege to still have a major boulevard named
after Harry Truman and none named after so many people who actually mean
something to the freedom and dignity of the children of Africa (including
her daughter Haiti). Walter Sisulu, Patrice Lumumba, Winnie Mandela, Nelson
Mandela, Kwame Toure (Stockley Carmichael), Malik Shabazz (Malcom X), Thomas
Sankharra, Walter Rodney, C.L.R. James, Sheick Anta Diop...would all do us
very proud.

Vive Katherine! Down with Harry! :-)

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»