15670: Kathy S. Grey Re: 15660: Anonymous: Should Aristide Leave Or Not? (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

In a message dated 5/22/2003 8:05:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, corbetre@webster.edu writes:

> SHOULD ARISTIDE LEAVE OR NOT ?

No.  It's a very simple answer.

Why do some people have it in their minds that it's okay to advocate the overthrow of an elected government as long as they dislike the person elected strongly enough?

Look, I've said this before - I despise George Bush.  I don't even think that he won the election fair and square.  But I will take up arms to defend him against a coup d'etat!  I'm not having that crap in my country, excuse me Corbetteers.

It's the same thing with Aristide.  Even if his administration was a total failure, he is the president of Haiti until his term is finished.  The people of Haiti decided that, and they have to live with that decision, just like I have to live with George Bush.

Sincerely,

Kathy S. Grey