15669: Dorce: Re: 15659: marasa to marasa (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 5/22/03 6:10:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, DeSprit Marassa
<lwasauvaj@hotmail.com> writes:

<< We no longer have free press in Haiti. Radio Haiti closed. They say
Aristide
 buy TV Telemax and now he putting pressure to change political perspective
 on news. Members of Aristide Government monopolize economy, business and
 media. This place turning into sad story. >>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"They Say" again. More Yo Di from marasa.  If this is true and there IS a
spin on the media in Haiti, perhaps Aristide is learning from US media how to
control what the people are fed.  I don't like it but you fight fire with fire, I
guess.  That last bit is very funny!  Lavalas has a monopoly on everything in
Haiti.....so the elites have lost their grip at last?  I think you may be
overstating again.  And Haiti has been a sad story for many, many years.  If
those who pretend to care about the welfare of Haiti would stop obstructing
progress, then progress would be made.  Simple.
We all know that they do not care about anything but their own selfish gains.
 If they cared, they would work with Aristide not against him.  Foolish men,
with oversized egos.

K.D.