15684: Laleau replies to Dorce

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Kathy--I  guess I agree with you. BUT: however messy Haiti's
government
is, I think it has more democratic legitimacy than the Bush regime... it
was
elected by the majority of the people, which Bush was not. And the
"irregularities" of the Haitian elections are nothing compared to the
inexcusable theft of the Florida election. And the flaws of Haiti's
electoral
system with its run-off problem is nothing compared with the legal but
undemocratic "electoral college" system we have, that opened the door to
the
Florida fiasco. Come to think of it, Haitian elites would LOVE to design
their
own electoral college that gives privilege to select Petionville and
Port-au-Prince voters as opposed to the rural and urban masses. They've
been
operating their own informal electoral college for centuries--oligarchic
kleptocracy. --nancy laleau