15794: lyall on reparations (fwd)

From: j.david lyall <jdlyall@netscape.net>

I sort of assumed that the reparations-restitution thing was a
rhetorical flourish, a little poke in
the eye to the slaver empire. And well deserved at that.

I am seeing bumper stickers here in Port (on new cars, and on government
purchased Patrols with officieal plaques) for the
reparation-restitution. There are government/lavalas (same thing)
advertisements for the 21 bil 'dola us' that they owe.

Dok Phillipe says folks in kafou are talking about how much they are
going to get as their share of the reparations. So maybe this is part of
the internal political campaign. For what, I don't know as there are not
going to be any elections anytime in the foreseeable future.

Who would be getting these reparations anyway? Pay 400 million per year
directly into parti lavalas bank accounts in Bahamas? Buy thousands more
Nissan Patrols for hordes of  new 'officiels'?