15834: Reid: Wikipedia and Haiti (fwd)

From: Ralph Reid <rafreid@yahoo.com>

Have you ever been irritated by inaccuracies, erroneous
and biased facts about Haiti in the press, TV, movies,
books or on the Internet?

Have you ever wish you could correct, change, remove or
delete what you thought was either unfair, inappropriate
or just plain reckless?

Well, if like me, you're the kind of person who wince
every time you read in the Los Angeles Times such cliches
as "the poorest country in the western hemisphere", then you
will feel empowered by Wikipedia -

Wikipedia is a multilingual project to create a complete and
accurate open content encyclopedia. This means that anyone can
easily edit any article and have those changes posted immediately.
YES, you can! I just personally removed the above line for
the encyclopedia entry for Haiti.
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiti

I would like to invite you guys to check out the encyclopedia
and edit, correct, delete, or add any information to all Haiti
related entries.

Ralph --
rafreid@yahoo.com