15842: Dorce: Re: 15660: Anonymous: Should Aristide Leave Or Not? (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

Sorry this is so late.....change in computers.

In a message dated 5/22/03 6:10:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, A. Nonymous
writes:

<< SHOULD ARISTIDE LEAVE OR NOT ? >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Let me make it simple......no, but thanks for asking.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The concern is growing because of too many constitutional violations,
scandals,
ani-democratic moves, and very negative economic developments produced by the
anachronistic Lavalas regime.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Anachronistic.  Interesting word.  If anyone is out of place and out of time
it is the Convergence or whatever they are calling themselves these days as
each transformation dies a natural death only to spawn anew.  Anyway, whatever
they are it's not Democratic.  The yearning for yesteryear, the time of FAdH
and FRAPH and Ton Ton Makouts.  When people knew their place!  Ahhh I love the
smell of anachronism in the morning.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>In truth, Aristide should leave or be compelled to leave not only because of
moral and performance reasons but because of its potential deleterious impact
on the American hemisphere and its negative influence on other democratic
transitions in the Least Developed Country (LDC) community. He should leave as
soon as possible because:>>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Oh yes, let's bring in the politics of fear.  What is the fear of the day?
Terrorism?  Well it used to be Communism, but you see they don't even tar
Aristide with that brush anymore, do you know why?  The American people are not
afraid of Communism these days.  So let's spin Haiti into an unstable,
threatening, den of horror that if not checked hard, will spill over into the United
States of America!!   Oh the humanity......Oh the crap.  Oh how can anyone not
know that this is a preamble for intruding where they do not belong.  The only
crisis is one that is manufactured by the US and their painfully inadequate
lackeys, the opposition parties.  If they would go away and stop impeding
progress, Haiti would find its own way.  Stumbling, maybe but its OWN WAY.  Surely no
one here is afraid of Haiti??
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>1) He has been the ruler who has caused the most dramatic impoverishment of
the Haitian people in Haiti history by not forging an economic strategy to
create jobs, and opportunities.<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
He caused this?  The coup years, those dark, evil times, didn't do any harm
to the economy?  The embargo, ostensibly to cut short the coup, didn't hurt the
economy?  The savant Democratic Convergence with their hodge podge cast of
characters and ideologies doing nothing constructive in their years of existance
as a group and only serving to stop Aristide from making any sort of progress
at whatever cost to Haiti and Haitians. They have done no harm to Haiti's
economy?  You give him too much power.  Maybe you suffer from the cult of
personality.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>2) He has been the most insensitive ruler to Haiti plight while pretending
be sensitive.<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Where is the proof of this?  Inuendo and repetative propaganda.....how is it
you know what is in his heart.  How do you know how he really feels about the
people of Haiti?  You don't.  I don't know either but you know who does?  The
people know.  That is why if it were legal for him to run again, he would win
again, and you know it.  Everyone knows it, that's why they attack him so
fiercely.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>- Regarding the second one, Aristide’s electoral score during the last 2000
elections was not totally sound. There were obvious frauds. Moreover,
"democratic" elections are not similar to democratic tenure. Any ruler’s duty is to
develop national competitive advantages, to create wealth, jobs, opportunities,
to solidify social structures and social cohesion. Should he be unable to do
that or at least a minimum, he should go as soon as possible.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
That's not how it's done.  Witness the USA.  First of all, Aristide's
election was at least more credible than our own president's ascent to the throne.
And our president hasn't met the standards you have set for Aristide.....are
you saying he should go too?  We might agree there, but still that's not how the
system works.  That's why their term is limited.  They get to finish it and
then we vote the bum out!  You should learn to be patient like that.  And if
you love your country, stop doing everything you can to hurt Aristide, because
to hurt Aristide you must hurt Haiti.  You have made no case for Aristide
stepping down at all.  Soi again, I say NO.

Kathy Dorce~