15857: Marina: Re: 15835: Deschamps: Re: 15682: A reply to Anonymous concerning Deschamps' publishing (fwd)

From: Marina <marinawus@yahoo.com>

I just want to address an issue with "Imprimerie
Deschamps":

1)The books they print are really not impressive. In
April 2003, I bought "L'Ange Conducteur" as well as
the cooking book by Niniche Gaillard and was really
disappointed in the quality of the printing.

2)When I returned the Niniche Gaillard book (because a
whole section was printed upside-down), the sales
person had a serious attitude with me. I stook my
ground and got a better copy (not much better but at
least the section was printed the right way).

3) In general I see very few of my fellow Haitians
complaining about customer service issues or quality
of products issue. Rather, the response will be that
they do not want to distroy the relationship with "XYZ
Store" or John DOE the owner. We have an almost
inexistent tradition of customer service.

Thus, Mr. Deschamps' response to Anonymous is not
surprising. It resembles that of his "Class mate"
Olivier Nadal on this list. Instead of addressing the
issue at hand, which is the contract negotiated with
the Haitian government and the nature of such
contratc, he attacks the person(s) who divulges such
under handed deals. How typical!!!