15860: Chevalier: Re: 15827: Lafond: RE: 15826: Allouard: Re: 15813: Ventres: French to be taught in Pam Beach County (fwd)

From: Reginald Chevalier <rchevalier@winstar.com>

>From: "Lafond, Jean-Ronald" <LAFONDJ@MAIL.ECU.EDU>
>  To suggest that Haitian children should be taught
>in Creole only, is the equivalent of suggesting that American inner-city
>children, most of whom are black, should be taught in Ebonics (sp?) because
>it is the "dialect" they understand best.

I totally agree with your comment. To suggest that our haitian children
should be
taught  in Creole only is absurd and hypocritical .
That just shows you once again how inadequate our education system is and
that the government doesn't give a #%@ about the future of the country
nor the children.
Our kids are smart enough to learn more than one language. Why limit them
to the one that no one else in the world speaks but us?

Regi Chevalier