15867: Hermantin- Comments on K-12 Creole texbooks (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Assuming that a school district in the US would decide to implement a
bilingual k-12  Creole-English program, do we have the capacity to provide
potential students with Creole Language textbooks  covering required
subjects  such as History, Geography, Algebra  Natural Sciences etc. ? I
would love to hear from the experts about the feasibility of developping
such a program in the United States.

This concern of mine is hopefully moot. Since " Creole is the language of
Haiti" as asserted by Ms.Dorce,an "authority" on the subject, I am sure that
Haiti's Department of Education is willing and able to supply us with
existing age and grade appropriate Creole textbooks.