15880: lyall: more on rice (fwd)

From: j.david lyall <jdlyall@mac.com>

Good question. I've never seen artibonite rice in 100 lib or 50 lib
sacks. I've only seen it in
5 and 10 lib sacks in the supermarket. It is more than twice as much as
usa rice in those
amounts. The price is comparable to Thai Jasmine rice.
I buy jasmine and haytian jaune for special occasion.

The  depots  don't have artibonite rice at all. I'd think that the
department of agiculture would
work on getting it into stores. I see lots of their cars driving around
Port/PVille.