15899: Monsanto: Re: 15875: Allouard: Re: 15847: Dorce: Re: 15811: Magloire:School tobe taught in French (fwd)

From: edner monsanto <emonsanto@worldnet.att.net>

          I heard somebody said rightfully "If you let others write your
history you "ll end up reading your eulogy". This is so true as far as the
historical data concerning Haiti and the Corbett list is plentiful of these
specimens. Maybe, Man Dorce was not too specfic and I am sure she will shed
some light to what she meant by Creole. Yes! I know of some rare native
Haitian who speak French only or better than Haitian Creole.
          Nevertheless, as an fan of that courageous soul, let me bring my
Haitian creolophilia to her support. Numerous are the Haitian Creolists on
the Corbett list and without getting into any lenghty discussion with Msye
Allouard let refer all those interested in the language of Haiti to the
websites of our cyber friends. For the time being, there is an official
alphabet and we do recognize that various ways to pronounce the same word
does exist. As for the English language it has always been since  the 1915
the BIZNIS language of the people of Haiti. As a child during the tourism
era of the 60's 70's one could remember hearing the 21 koutkanno [? shots of
blank cannonballs] on Saturday morning saluting the arrival of the visiting
foreign Armed Forces ships. The pragmatism of the Haitian people was evident
when  Port-au-Prince was visited by the French and the Americans on the same
week-end.While the former was usually left alone, the latter was always
escorted. Conclusion: Economy.
       Pa Bliye al vizite:
www.windowsonhaiti.com
or
www.reka.org

 I do believe they are the most comprehensive sites about our language
"Kreyòl Ayisyen".

Nènè