15908: Dorce: Re: 15812: Colin Powell On Haiti (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In a message dated 6/10/03 10:14:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Colin "I
THOUGHT it was good intelligence!" Powell writes:

<< The people of Haiti have waited a long time -- too long - for their leaders
 to meet their obligations under OAS Resolutions 806 and 822. Haiti's
 democracy and economic growth are undermined by the government's failure to
 create the conditions for an electoral solution to the political impasse. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This guy has cojones, I'll give him that.  I wonder how he sleeps at night
knowing that he is lying for his boss.  He knows it, and he still does it.
Didn't we think he was a decent man, one worthy of being elected president?  Now
he's just a lackey for the man.  How humiliating for him.  Maybe he is used
to it having had to eat a lot of you know what in order to rise in the
military.  Anyway, he's got a lot of nerve to try to do to Haiti what he did to Iraq.
Sell a war, or invasion.  Some of you bought it once, will you buy it again?
It's getting stale.....are you sure you want it???
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>However, if by this September the government of
Haiti has not created the climate of security essential to the formation of
a credible, neutral and independent provisional electoral council, we should
reevaluate the role of the OAS in Haiti.<<
So, if bad characters continue to destabilize Haiti, such as blowing up
electical plants and killing policemen, Aristide will not get the money or the
elections and the OAS will be sent away to be replaced by what army???  Makes
perfect sense.

Kathy Dorce~