15911: Corbett: Caution to all who might have time-sensitive announcements to post: list will go down for a while soon.

>From Bob Corbett

Folks, this note is mainly to caution any who have up coming announcements
to post that are time-sensitive to get them to me soon.

A week from tomorrow the list will go down a while.  I will have my
second total knee replacement (now the right side) and will be very
handicapped in using the computer.

>From June 24th-28th I will be 100% away in the hospital.  Then, when I
get back I will be in lots of pain and unable to bend my knee at all.
When I had the other replacement last December I couldn't use the computer
at all for about a week and then very sparingly for a while.

I kept a careful log of my first surgery and note thatt the 18th day
after surgery I have two big accomplishmnets:

1.  Got my first shower.  That was awesome.
2.  Spent "more" time at the computer and it wasn't so bad.....

So -- beware.  There will be no service at all from June 24th for about a
week, and then two more weeks of very very slow service.

I will post a note next week to remind you of this and to ask that you
not send any but the most urgent note to post from June 24 for two weeks.

Thanks for your understanding.  I'm actually very very excited about this
operation.  I want to walk again without terrible pain.  It's been a year
and a half since I could barely walk and I will be so happy to get that
second knee replaced.

Bob Corbett