15944: Sanba: Re: 15929: Slavin: Aeroport International Jacmel (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

...And can anyone say about the construction itself? Why they decide to redo it? After all it is close to Port-au-Prince? Is it in a context of decentralization we have been longing for? How much it will cost to redo it? How many flights will be able to land there? Will it boost commerce, and how? We need to do serious work, and/or demand for more explanation. That is one of the requirement of participation in something useful as a native.
Furthermore, we may have to address the issue of tourism. After all Jacmel is a place that has the potential to be highly attractive to tourism...