15956: Sanba: Re: 15931: Fouche: Re: 15893: Vedrine: Re: 15867: Hermantin- Comm ents on K-12 Creole texbooks (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

I commend Miss Fouche on her elaboration. That does not mean however that I would agree on every point. It only means that she is serious and honest on the issue. And others have the duty to add, question, or suggest.

I am willing to suggest that Fouché's condition to communicate with the world is not specific to Creole-speaking people. The US citizen who needs to communicate with a foreign partner either learns the partner's language or uses an interpreter. The motive is interest. I can garantee that had Haiti reach a level of development (forget about politics and power) more and more businessmen, women or their offsprings are going to learn CREOLE and its easiest way of spelling. Not to mention that right now the CIA have some of its agents learn Creole, as they do for Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian, you name it.

To the issue of multi languages family, the debate can flare up; and it would be great. Except if we do not want to discover the best way to proceed.

The other point I would like Miss Fouche to elaborate a little bit on, is her notion of Kreyòl (thank you for spelling it in perfect Kreyòl)being still under development. I think that it's the same for any language, isn't it?