15962: Wilcken: Question about maternal mortality rate (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

One of my "makòmè" in Port-au-Prince just died in childbirth, and the
baby died, too.  As I write "died in childbirth,"  I feel that I'm
writing something out of another time, but I'm sure that it's still
common in the global south.  Does anyone know the statistics on this kind
of death in Haiti?  Or where I can go to find them?

Lois

La Troupe Makandal - New York City's Center for Haitian Drum and Dance
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org