16002: Lally: French vs Creole

From: Reynald Lally <r.bourbon@sympatico.ca>

I was on a Air France flight to Miami and sitting next to me was Young
white
American girl. I asked what was she was doing in Haiti and she answered
that
she had boarded the plane at Fort de France , where she had been there for
four
months trying to teach Creole to the Martiniquais.
I answered saying ,why should an AMERICAN women  try to convert the
Martiniquais to use  Creole not  French.
In MARTINIQUE people speak French first, but like the Welsh language in
Britain
, Creole is enjoying a renaissance.She become quite agitated , and said
that
the people should speak IN Creole not French there.I said would Americans
appreciate French people trying to come to the States and promote a local
dialect to replace English.

When we arrived I said goodbye , she did not answer.
I want to know is this an isolated case of Americans trying to convert
people
from French into Creole.
What is the advantage of this policy?

Reynald Lally