15,000: Bob Corbett. A bit of list history and a source

Folks, we just turned the corner of another 1000 notes to the list.

I'm not sure if all of you are aware, but on June 24, 1999 I moved the
list to the Webster University server.  In early 2002 the web master at
Webster U. did post the first 12,262 message to the web and those
are there for your use at:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti-archive/maillist.html

However, if you go to my MAIN HAITI PAGE

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/haiti.html

This is a large line in RED which says:
SEARCH THIS WHOLE SITE.

This is an internal search engine just for the Webster U. web site and it
is quite sensitive. Thus you can do a full text search on those 12,262
messages.  Just about a two weeks ago a scholar write me saying I had
almost nothing on Haitian/Dominican relations on my website which I need
was certainly true.  But, having totally forgotten about the mailing list
post, I did a search to see what was on my web site and just typed in
the Dominian Republic.  I got 931 hits and nearly all of them were from
the mailing list.  So it's a useful search engine.

Below is a log of these 16,000 message to date.  I don't have all the
data.  If any of you have the note I sent out for these three missing
thousand marks, I'd love the date on them so I could complete this log.

See more below this chart.....

Post	Date	Days	Average
#			per
			day

1	6/24/1999
1000	11/18/1999	140	7
2000	1/25/2000	69	15
3000	3/26/2000	60	17
4000	5/31/2000	66	15
5000	10/2/2000	124	8
6000	11/27/2000	56	18
7000	2/11/2001	77	13
8000	5/22/2001	101	10
9000	9/3/2001	104	10
10,000	12/17/2001	106	9
11,000	3/3/2002	76	13
12,000	5/12/2002	70	14
13,000
14,000
15,000
16,000	6/23/2003

even know who those 7 were.  They would definitely have been subscriber to
the hard copy magazine I used to publish called STRETCH.  If you were
among those original 7 I'd love to know who you were.

I have no idea how many posts were sent out between 1994 and 6/24/1999
when I began to number the posts.

Lastly, I will be contacting the web master at Webster University to ask
if he would soon post the next batch of post to the web for us, the
posts from # 12,263 to today 16,000.

It is a useful research tool.

Also:  Some of you had written me that you have some of the post from
BEFORE 6/24/1999 when I was using either netcom.com or even earlier,
crl.com to send messages.  If you have those I would simply LOVE to get
copies of them, perhaps on a CD rom, which I could then as the web master
to load to the archive as well.

Thanks very much,  Bob Corbett