16017: Sanba: Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

Haiti: Former Colonel Rebu Says 'Goverment Used To Ensure Ketant's Security'
Port-au-Prince Signal Radio in Creole 1230 GMT 20 Jun 03
[FBIS Translated Text]
Former Colonel Himmler Rebu says he was not surprised to learn that Jacques Ketant had been arrested. According to the former Haitian Armed Forces [FADH] colonel, this situation has always rested on deals, that is, on give and take. Today, President Aristide has shown once again the hypocritical political practice that he always uses to abandon his colleagues. Former Colonel Rebu says this is a very serious situation for those who remember the number of favors Ketant used to do for the government. Therefore, the former FADH officer wonders whether those who participated in this operation can sleep peacefully. The colonel recalls that whatever somebody does against another person will eventually return to haunt him or will have a boomerang effect. Rebu's statements follow:
[Begin Rebu recording] In my opinion, this is both dramatic and serious because everybody in Haiti knows everything. Everybody in Haiti knows what role Jacques Ketant was playing in official circles, in government circles. The government used to ensure Ketant's security. The government used to enjoy Ketant's favors. A great deal of disorder has been caused. Many people think that they can cause such disorder in society. This disorder will have to be unveiled someday. Obviously, I do not think that anything will smear anybody, because everyone in Haiti knows everything. What is certain is that I do not quite believe that the persons who have handed Ketant over the way they did can sleep in total peace. Given the way things were done, we know that if Ketant had been arrested in Port-au-Prince, many gunshots would have been heard. So, betrayals occurred among people who used to operate as friends. Even in the middle of the dirtiness, one must still have a degree of morality. [end recording]
[Description of Source: Port-au-Prince Signal Radio in Creole -- Independent commercial radio station]