16024: Re: 16010: Saint-Vil to Goodman, let us each face our own baddies ! (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Brian Goodman wrote:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

 ‘Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The US, Canada, and France have for years
have all tried to help Haiti better itself.’

 Come on, in 2003, this kind of baseless pronouncement simply doesn’t cut it
Brian. Hands that are feeding who? Fact is, Africans in Haiti have literally
fed French, Spanish, British, German and other European men, women and children
for several centuries. First by their work on the slave plantations, even with
their own mothers’ milk, then by their sweat working on all kinds of
anti-national projects contracted to benefit SHADA, HASCO, USAID, FRAPH, the
Sweatshops, everyone and everything but the hard working Haitian population.

 Brian adds:

 ‘I am only speaking of the nineties to the present.  If the world did not Care
for Haiti, they would not have taken out the militant military that was
Murdering Haitians daily’.

 First of all Brian, we are not talking about the world here. It is the US that
orchestrated and led the show in 1994. It was not to take a so-called ‘militant
military’ out but to cover and recover the mess they had created. We all know
that CEDRAS, MICHEL FRANCOIS, TOTO CONSTANT and the rest of them drug dealing
CIA agents were U.S. property. It is your government which arranged their cozy
retirements in Panama, Brooklyn, Ecuador etc… The killings conducted during
these 3 years of the CIA-FAdH coup were meant to destroy the nascent solidarity
between the revolutionary pro-democracy militants of the professional class
(Izmery, Malary, Jean-Marie Vincent etc…) and the less privileged peasant and
impoverished ‘hood militants who always represent the greatest fear of all
guardians of organized race-based disorder in our modern world. And, indeed,
the CIA boys seem to have been quite successful. As we all witness today that
many Haitians are so tired and confused, they are almost willing to openly
welcome some sort of white minority rule in Haiti, albeit under the cover of
OAS administered demoKKKracy.

 It may help a Euro-American’s conscience to claim:

 ‘Haiti's problem is the mistake of a leader that We put in place in 94.
Aristede is a Clintonian.  He cares only for himself and not the country of
Haiti.’

 But, history is stubborn in displaying for all eyes to see that the friends of
Haiti have stood by François Duvalier, just as the friends of the Congo stood
by Mobutu. These same friends MURDERED Patrice Lumumba, Antoine Izméry and Guy
Malary. But, of course, it is easier to pretend not to know that things are not
as they look on CNN. It is strategically useful to blast everywhere that
"Aristide’s Haiti" is poor since this helps to hide the ugly fact that Haiti’s
BLACKS have been living in the midst of abject poverty since the first one of
our foremothers landed on the shores of that island 500 years ago. And that for
the same reasons that white Zimbabweyans are rich in an impoverished country,
white Haitians do not live in Site Katon, no more than do white Americans
starve or get shot by stray bullets in Washington or NYC slums which we all
(even Ascroft) know now do exist. So, trying to trivialize our situation by
reducing the discourse to make it revolve around a single man (be it Aristide,
Mugabe or N’Krumah) is a tired strategy that no longer fools anyone who is
unwilling to play that game. That’s the truth Ruth and you know it!

 Brian wrote:

 ‘I really enjoyed the 2.2 million US dollars that Aristede and his cronies
used to fix the national highway north of PAP.  I am sorry... I meant fill the
potholes and stick FLAGS up out in the middle of nowhere.  The problem is
Aristede takes the money that those countries give him and misuses it.  I work
for DOT and I can tell you that 2.2 million dollars covers a lot more than
potholes.  They could have stripped the road down and rebuilt a good portion of
it, if they needed to for less than the 2.2.’

 Brian, I have no doubt that Bush and his cronies are also misusing U.S. funds
every day. Millions of dollars that should have gone to inner city development
projects are being wasted on political favors, bombardments of poor people all
over the globe etc… but do you see Haitians, Jamaicans, Zimbabweyans, Chinese,
Japanese, African-Americans spending millions trying to overthrow your
president?

 It is the privilege of adult Americans to elect a moron to replace their
former gigolo Head of State. It is the adult people of Haiti’s privilege to
elect Aristide and to get rid of him when election times comes again, if they
so chose. In your country some folks even cheated to expose the world to the
great dangers we are all facing today because of your selected president. Yet
we are all civilized about it. Why can’t most foreigners be just half as
civilized toward Haitians?

Indeed, we do appreciate the courage and decency of all the Kathy Dorce and
Paul Farmers of this world. But why should they be a minority among Americans
involved with Haiti?

 The corruption present in Haiti’s government is the business of Haitians and
Haitians alone. It is our responsibility as grown men and women (not boys) to
deal with that.

You speak of countries that have given money to Haiti for this that and the
other thing. What countries, when, how and under what conditions?. And, if
these countries don’t trust the Haitian government so, why don’t they simply
keep their money to themselves?

 I am sorry to be getting into such a simplistic discussion with you Brian,
because we all know full well that this is not how the world really works. We
know that none of these countries GIVE anything to Haiti, Africa etc… rather
they invest their dollars according to their interests. So, it is perfectly
understandable that mass murderers like Pol Pot, Bokassa, Duvalier and Marcos
got millions falling all over them, invested by those who wanted to maintain
the terms of their wicked exploitation of the impoverished peoples of the
world. WE ALL KNOW THAT, SO LET’S STOP PRETENDING OTHERWISE!

Jafrikayiti

«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/