16027: Corbett: List shutting down now -- please limit items sent

Folks, I'm shutting the computer down and walking out the door.  It may
sound odd that someone would be heading off to the hospital to get an
operation that will effectively cut my leg in half and put it back
together with some plastic pieces to boot, but I am just delighted.

I got a new left knee in December, and now I get the right one.  The left
leg WORKS.  It doesn't hurt and I can walk.  My "natural" leg left, the
right, hurts so much I just can't walk.

So, I head away just joyous.  I don't relish the next five months of
rehabilitation and lots of quite serious pain, but I know from last time
that it goes away in about 4-5 months.

Thanks for the very thoughtful and kind words so many of you sent to me.

I do ask that you try to send as few notes to the list as you can for the
next 10 days.  Last December it was about 2 weeks before I could sit at
the computer for more than a couple of minutes, but I had the list up and
running on "slow" within a week.  I'll try hard to do that, but if you
slow down the mail for a week that will really help.

I'll be back soon.

Bob Corbett