16031: MVilson: Re: 16014: Nekita comments (fwd)

From: MVilson@aol.com

I do share Nekita's concerns. To an extent, Nekita opened a can of worms. Although most not to say all media outlets are staffed with amateurs, I stilll believe that some efforts should be made to present programs that are more relevant to the situation we are facing in the diaspora. It is good to present images of Haiti. The key is how it is presented. I've seen cases where the presenters have no qualm about showing images taken directly from television stations in Haiti without the required courtesy. I could go on and on. One thing worth mentioning is that in many cases the people who have the profesional skills necesssary to help the haitian media are usually with only a few exceptions. As many of you know : La nature a horreur du vide. Until the people who are truly qualified take the lead, there will not be any progress.

Michel