16056: Dorce: Re: 15899: Monsanto: Re: 15875: Allouard to Dorce (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 6/16/03 6:51:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time, edner monsanto
<emonsanto@worldnet.att.net> writes:

<<  Nevertheless, as an fan of that courageous soul, let me bring my
 Haitian creolophilia to her support. Numerous are the Haitian Creolists on
 the Corbett list and without getting into any lenghty discussion with Msye
 Allouard let refer all those interested in the language of Haiti to the
 websites of our cyber friends. For the time being, there is an official
 alphabet and we do recognize that various ways to pronounce the same word
 does exist.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thank you for your most kind words!  I want to say that when people complain
that so many Creole speakers do not use the same words or spell them properly
or use the proper orthography, remember that American English speakers can be
just as sloppy with their language.  I can't believe the spelling and grammar
I see out of born US citizens, with English as their first language (and most
often ONLY language!).  It is a world-wide problem, this bastardization of
established languages.  Slang rules!  Different regions pronounce words
differently, and even use words unique to that region.  Now that we are global
neighbors with the world...we will all be adapting to new kinds of communication that
will enable us all to understand each other.  It's just a matter of time.

In Haiti, Creole deserves its rightful place...it is the best vehicle to
transmit Haitian culture.  So rich!  So divine!  Ono, respè.

Kathy Dorce~