16057: Re: 15905: marasa and restitution (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

<< How come with all talk about restitution no one mention native Caribean
 Indians. I suspect that big bill. Who owe them? French or Haitian or both?
 How about restitution to families of people killed by current government. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
If there were any Carib or Arawak indians left alive after the Spanish worked
them all to death, maybe they would be suing for restitution.  No Haitians
killed any Caribbean natives in Haiti, I don't believe.  As for all the people
killed by this government......name one.  I think before we make that a cause
celebre, it might be a better service to talk about the thousands killed by the
Duvalier regimes.  We got lots of names for you there Marassa.  If the
Haitian people had ever gotten one bit of justice from those awful times, including
the military regimes before and during Aristide's terms, maybe there would be
more cooperation and trust today.  Don't even try to disrespect or diminish
those who lost loved ones from Duvalier et fil.  It doesn't hold water.  It's
real sweet of you to be concerned for Madam Dominique and for the Haitian
majority children and their free public education... I hope these are sincere
concerns and not just convenient issues to use against Aristide.  I haven't seen
anyone else stepping up to the plate from the opposition group....what have any
of them done to help Haiti???

K. Dorce (I have marassas!)~