16094: Symposium in Atlanta (fwd)

From: HCR Information <hcrinfor@hcronline.org>

  Friday, June 13, 2003

We would like to invite You and various personalities
who are living in Atlanta to attend or to speak to the

Symposium

Framework:
Symposium One  in 2003 of Haitian in Atlanta

THEME:
The Haitian Presence in the U.S. and the kick off of
the bicentennials Independence of Haiti and its
forcible impact on Haiti

WHEN:
Saturday, October 4, 2003, from 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM

WHERE:
South Cobb Recreation Center,
875 Six Flags Dr,Austell, GA 30168

SPONSOR:

AIMS:
1. To provide an opportunity to inform the
Atlanta-based Haiti policy community on issues related
to the vitality of the U.S.-based Haitian Diaspora and
its contributions to the well being of the United
States.

2. To provide an opportunity for informed voices from
the Diaspora to become better known within this
Atlanta community, informing it of issues important to
them regarding the strengthening of their contribution
to the well being of the U.S.

3. To provide an opportunity for these informed voices
to reinforce their on-going interest and involvement
in Haiti, and how this also contributes to the well
being of the U.S.

4. To provide an opportunity to introduce or
strengthen partnership and collaboration between
leaders from within the Haitian Diaspora and others
with similar interests.

5. To underscore the importance and vibrancy of issues
other than those of contemporary politics, and to
contribute to the building of momentum toward the
celebration of Haiti’s 200th Anniversary of its
Independence in 2004.

Presentations: Each presentation should address the
theme of that particular panel, be it Leadership,
Advocacy, Haitian contributions, assistance to Haiti,
Haitian and the Medias and bicentennials of Haiti.
Please draw from your own professional experience to
discuss the theme, highlighting context, challenges,
achievements, and lessons learned. Also, we will
include a cultural activity rich with various ethnic
groups to color that evening.
Let us know if you are interested to take part as an
Attendee or a Guest Speaker (if you choose to speak,
please choose a topic you would like to discuss), we
need people like you who are working for a better
Haiti. (Guest Speaker, please let us know by Saturday,
July 8, 2003) Call Mr. Alfred at 770-438-0190 or email
hcrinfor@hcronline.org

Attendees: We are making provisions for XXXX people to
attend the symposium. Among these people will be
individuals representing government organizations,
think tanks, academic institutions and other
organizations in the Atlanta metropolitan area who are
working on Haiti issues. There will also be a number
of professionally active Haitian-Americans from this
area, along with any individuals you have invited or
asked us to invite. Also, we expect diplomats
representing a number of countries in the Caribbean,
Europe, and Africa, and, since this event is on the
record, are inviting members of the press. Attendance,
however, is strictly by invitation. Send an email to:
hcrinfor@hcronline.org

Joseph Alfred, Educator
HCR   P.O. BOX 334, Smyrna, GA 30081

=====